Its been a while since Ive posted.
1- I moved…twice. Twice in 4 months to be exact.
2.I painted the inside of my new house orange and absolutely loved it!
3. I refinished a desk and painted it mint which pops greatly against my orange walls. *giggle*
4. I planted a garden using the Back to Eden method. Made my garden so much easier to maintain.
5. Speaking of gardens, I learned not to plant 5 cucumber plants next to each other. (Pics coming soon)
6. I also learned not to plant a watermelon plant next to the cucumbers.
7. I now have a vision wall that gives me life! Ill post about that soon.
8. I started and didnt stick to a healthier lifestyle plan more than a dozen times.
9. I learned that breaks are like air and food. I have to take breaks in order to survive.
10. Random but Fourth of July came around and I crafted with my children. We made cute little handprint flag shirts.
I think I’ll be forever catching you guys up on everything that has happened, but here’s something that I discovered that seems to stick out above everything else.
I was feeling rather discouraged guys. VERY discouraged. I questioned if I was a good mother, a good Christian, a good friend, a good wife, and sometimes a good person. I counted all my faults, and none of my gifts. All of my defects of character and none of my good deeds. I was struggling. I desperately needed guidance. I found it.
Matthew 6:33 says, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.”
Its a common quoted verse. Ive read that verse over and over again in my life, but this time it really struck me. Earlier in the chapter, Jesus is telling us not to worry about what we would eat or drink or what we would wear. Clearly if nature goes without want, we would be taken care of. Even in our sinful nature, we know how to give food to our children. Doesnt God want to give that to us.
Ive always read this verse as God provides. Yes, I know. I know God provides. It was redundant, but this time I REALLY heard it.
This verse says:
Courtni (Supermom), dont worry about if youre a good mother, seek me and you’ll be one.
Courtni (Supermom), dont worry about if youre failing your children, seek me and you’ll be a success.
Courtni (Supermom), dont worry about if you have the money to cover that bill, be a good steward, and Ill take care of the rest.
Courtni (Supermom), Its ok that you made that mistake, seek me and Ill help you out of it.
Courtni (Supermom), dont worry about if you are a good wife, seek me and Ill make sure you have the tools to make you a good wife.
Courtni (Supermom), dont worry about all those things that are on your heart, give them to me, and Ill supply the solution.
I saw the intimacy in this verse. I saw it!
I also discovered that I have a bad habit of trying to handle everything all on my own.
He says just ask.
Im doing my best to remember that.
Thats Totally Supermom
The babies in the flag t-shirts they made. They werent that excited when I pitched the idea of doing the shirt, but were totally siked at the results.